From another list that I belong to...
The annual Spring Open House and Train Show at the Santa Clara Depot is
coming up in about two weeks. For those of you who will be in the San
Francisco Bay Area, The South Bay Historical Railroad Society (SBHRS) would love to have you stop by.
Saturday, April 9th. 10:00am to 5:00pm
Sunday, April 10th. 10:00am to 5:00pm
Where: Santa Clara (Caltrain) Depot
1005 Railroad Ave.
Santa Clara, CA 95050
* N-scale layout: 11' X 52' with three main lines run using walk around DC
throttles and Digitrax DCC.
* HO-scale layout: 16' X 80' with two main lines plus point-to-point line
using Digitrax DCC.
* Our extensive museum collection of railroad artifacts.
* The historic, 148 year old, restored passenger and freight depot (Built
* The restored Santa Clara Switch Tower (Built 1926) (no tours due to
Caltrain depot construction)
* The Washington-Oregon Railroad and Navigation business car #184 (Built
1912) (no tours due to Caltrain depot construction)
Phone: (408) 243-3969
This is one of our fund raisers so Adults are $5.00 with children under 18
There will be train related items for sale at great prices.
If you can't make the open house, our normal hours are Tuesday evenings,
6:00pm to 9:00pm and Saturdays, 10:00am to 3:00pm
The SBHRS is a non-profit corporation dedicated to the preservation of the
Santa Clara Railroad Depot, Switch Tower, line maintenance-of-way buildings, and the OWRN #184. We have a museum of railroad artifacts integrated around our N and HO scale model railroad displays and work to provide a service to the community.
Wish I could be there!