Fifer Hobby Supply LLC
4 N scale
zip Trainz
zip Screensaver Nscale
Ngineering
zip Railroad Tycoon 3
ashlintrains.com
N-Scale

N-Scale (http://www.nscale.org/forum/index.php)
-   Layout Central (http://www.nscale.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   roundhouse creek (http://www.nscale.org/forum/showthread.php?t=25335)

mr bachmann 03-08-2011 09:02 AM

roundhouse creek

Hi guys , starting with a second hand - well its already had a layout on it! -door , the layout at pressent in the track laying stage , will update as the layout progress's , it could be a slow process . Having problems with posting photos at present , but I'll work it out :) .

alan ... Mr Bachmann

ike8120 03-08-2011 11:02 AM

Just keep us posted on your progress.

Country Joe 03-08-2011 11:08 AM

I look forward to the pictures Alan. I use photobucket for pictures. Once I learned to use it, it made posting pictures very easy.

Cox 1947 03-08-2011 11:18 AM

Sounds like a good start..can't wait for those photos...Jerry

mr bachmann 03-09-2011 07:59 AM

took a spell off from track laying as I've been fitting a decoder to a Backy 4-4-0 Jupiter, it runs as well as it did, now I'm planning on taking the tyres off the loco wheels ? hopfully it wont get snagged on the track, although it might loose some traction.

alan

goodstuff3 03-09-2011 08:36 AM

Where could you possibly put a decoder in a Jupiter?:eek: I am amazed if you did it without adding a boxcar to hold it. I also am unsure of pulling off the tires. I have several 4-4-0's myself, but my modifications are to the shells so I can have the W&A civil war era locos. This added weight to the loco and improved traction. Pics would be appreciated. Thanks Alan.

P.S.- my avatar pic is of me and 1st born in the cab of the General.

Philip

mr bachmann 03-09-2011 01:13 PM

hi goodstuff3 , the decoder is mounted on the tender then toped over with more logs, however I shoud have gone fore a smaller decoder, the Bachmann 6 pin was used along with a ESU (?) 6 pin wired socket, much smaller than the Bachmann one, a wired decoder would have been better, theres a photo on mr bachmann's photos when the lazy (:wasntme: ) modderator wakes up ! There is some info on another site on DCC-ing the Bachmann 4-4-0's , worth reading before trying to get into the tender. That said apart from the 'wobble' the loco will haul 3 X Bachmann 85' dome cars.

alan .. mr bachmann

ps, did'nt relise the general was as big .

Steam-Monsters 03-09-2011 04:44 PM

Also for photo hosting you might check on Village Photo Hosting.
http://www.villagephotos.com/
Thats the one I use, easy to download pics from there to you're threads.

Ernie

mr bachmann 03-17-2011 08:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
still trying to post some photos , will keep trying , and trying ....

wow ... it seems to have worked , heres some British outline diesel's , kinda makes me want to re-think and do a UK layout.

alan

TexasJeff 03-17-2011 09:55 AM

Very neat looking shot Alan, I love all the different locos, what a way to show them off.

ike8120 03-17-2011 10:30 AM

Nice locos Alan

mr bachmann 03-17-2011 01:36 PM

thanks guys , now i've got the hang of posting , even if its just thumbnails , it might be nice to start a new thread on a new layout , as i'm sure to bosh a US outline , i'll have a think.

alan ... mr bachmann

Country Joe 03-18-2011 07:04 AM

Congrats on getting the pic to post Alan. You have a lot of great British engines. Why not do both British and American. Try to make the scenery as generic as possible and switch continents from time to time for variety.

mr bachmann 03-18-2011 07:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
heres my latest loco from Kato fitted for DCC and runs well , although it is not as powerfull on haulage as my N&W 611 streamliner from Bachmann ,

alan

mr bachmann 03-18-2011 07:15 AM

good idea CountryJoe , I'll put my head around it , after all its only fictional! just remember the loading gauge and allow for the hi-cubes and a bit more ! now to ballast the track or use foam underlay , tried Gaugemaster's (Noch) ready ballasted and once finished looks o.k

alan

man7sell 03-18-2011 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr bachmann (Post 309219)
still trying to post some photos , will keep trying , and trying ....

wow ... it seems to have worked , heres some British outline diesel's , kinda makes me want to re-think and do a UK layout.

alan

Those are great locos, I have the little blue Gronk in the middle, lots of fun.

mr bachmann 03-18-2011 08:25 AM

nice shunters ( switchers ) man7sell one of the best british diesels to date still going strong with BR as well as the preserved ones, the nick name comes from the gronk, gronk, gronk, gronk, gronk, when the engines at tick over. next on the agenda is to get the track plan sorted and start the roundhouse kit.

alan

man7sell 03-18-2011 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr bachmann (Post 309330)
nice shunters ( switchers ) man7sell one of the best british diesels to date still going strong with BR as well as the preserved ones, the nick name comes from the gronk, gronk, gronk, gronk, gronk, when the engines at tick over. next on the agenda is to get the track plan sorted and start the roundhouse kit.

alan

Alan,

Yep, I can remember that sound from when I was growing up in Weston-Super-Mare and the Bristol area. Fun to watch them work.

Paul

mr bachmann 03-18-2011 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by man7sell (Post 309331)
Alan,

Yep, I can remember that sound from when I was growing up in Weston-Super-Mare and the Bristol area. Fun to watch them work.

Paul

hi paul , never made it to sunny Weston on family holidays , in the early 50's we always ended up Devon or Cornwall , spent many a hour on the sea wall at Dawlish watching trains , Kings, Castles, Halls, Mannors, Grange's, Panniers, Both Bulleid's, Southern 4-6-0's, 2-6-2 tanks even the odd BR standards and the first of the Warship's ! ( some class's of loco's ) The n scalers on this forum will think we're daft living on memmory's of the "good old day's" !

Still playing around with the track for the layout, might add a station
alan

mr bachmann 03-19-2011 01:11 PM

well , opened up the Faller roundhouse kit earlier to-day only to find its got no instructions ! plenty of bits for a 2 stall shed , any way I've started to glue the windows to the large end , hopefully this will lessen the amount of parts , also note that there is wire and springs so some how these must be for the doors , it will be a challenge . Needless to say that the kit has been with me and unopend for about five year's , photo's to follow.

alan